2012年6月27日 星期三

Rice Dumpling for Dragon Boat Festival 端午節的味道 - 外婆的粽子(南部粽)


My grandma is always the one who is in charge of making rice dumplings for the whole family. I have been having the grandma-made rice dumplings since I was capable of eating. It's a very simple flavor, but will indeed stay with everyone forever. 

I have been missing the flavor since I was aware the festival was coming and I am still so away from home. I called my grandma and asked for the recipe. I was so excited like getting some secret thing.  Although the recipe is rough without exact measurement, it's still good enough as a guide for me to learn how to make them by myself. 

I'm so glad it turned out pretty and yummy!! Love you~ grandma!!


The rice dumplings from Southern Taiwan are a little bit different from the ones from Northern Taiwan. The major difference is the way of preparing sweet rice. We from Southern Taiwan wrapped the sweet rice with the leaves before they get cooked and boiled them for 3 hours which makes the rice dumpling have abundant flavor of the leaves.




For more information about "Rice Dumpling":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zongzi



沒有留言:

張貼留言